Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, September 14th, 2023
Synopsis of Minutes
Present: Dustin Hall, Chairperson; Amanda Starosta, Vice-Chairperson; Scott Moffat; Gay Patrick; Margaret Lissel; Alan Thomarat; Shannon Leson; Chelsea Krentz; Mark Muir; Lisa Bos-Atchison; Denny Huyghebaert, Deputy Superintendent of Funeral & Cremation Services
Staff Present: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator; Kim Eberts, Assistant Registrar & Resource & Compliance Officer; Colin Bachynski, Registrar
Minutes taken by: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator
An in-camera meeting was held.
Council welcomed two new Public Appointed members: Margaret Lissel and Alan Thomarat.
Council was advised that there has been one complaint received since the last meeting of Council. One former complaint has been resolved satisfactorily between the parties and one previous complaint has now been referred to an Investigation Committee.
The following motions were passed by Council:
- To reinstate Don Sheppard on the Investigation Committee.
- To approve the May, June & July 2023, Revenue & Expense Reports as presented.
- To accept the recommendations of the Education and Professional Development Committee to include a jurisprudence examination in the licensing process of a Transfer Service Owner, if the owner does not already hold a Saskatchewan funeral director and/or embalmer license; and bylaws be created regarding the dignified, safe, and respectful handling of a decedent. Both recommendations to be forwarded to the Legislative & Governance committee for their review.
- The Chairperson of Council appoints the following:
- Gay Patrick as Chairperson of the Audit/Finance Committee;
- Alan Thomarat to the Discipline Committee; and
- Margaret Lissel to the Human Resources Committee.
The next scheduled meeting of the Council will be held on Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.