February 23, 2023 Council Synopsis of Minutes
Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, February 23rd, 2023
Synopsis of Minutes
Present: Dustin Hall, Chairperson; Don Sheppard; Shannon Leson; Lisa Bos-Atchison; Robert Volk; Gay Patrick; Nancy Kirk
Regrets: Amanda Starosta, Vice-Chairperson; Mark Muir; Scott Moffat; Denny
Huyghebaert, Deputy Superintendent of Funeral and Cremation Services
Staff Present: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator; Kim Eberts, Assistant Registrar and Compliance Officer; Colin Bachynski, Registrar
Minutes taken by: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator
An in-camera meeting was held.
Council was advised that there have been two complaints received since the last meeting of Council. There has been six compliance review conducted since the last meeting of Council.
The following motions were passed by Council:
- To approve the bylaw revisions as presented.
- 2020 – CCFS Students
- 2021 – Conditional Licenses – Intern
- 4120 – Meetings of Licensees
- Notice of Motion
- Consent Agenda
- “Out of Order”
- To approve the new and revised Policy & Procedures, 2009-14 Operating Contingency Fund, 2009-15 Guidelines for Licensing Committee, 2022-22 Notice of Motion and 2022-23 Council Use of a “Consent Agenda” as presented.
- In response to inflationary pressures, and the fact that the Regulatory Fee of $50 per death has not increased since 2005, Council approves an increase of the Regulatory Fee to $60 per death effective July 1st, 2023.
- To approve the amendment of bylaw 9000(m)(i) to reflect the increase of the Regulatory Fee as presented.
- To approve the recommendation of the Audit/Finance Committee as to the 2023 Council Operating Budget, as presented.
- To accept the recommendation by the Education and Professional Development Committee to approve the fees for the 2023 Spring Symposium.
The next scheduled meeting of Council will be held on Thursday, March 30th, 2023.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.