Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, September 22nd, 2022
Synopsis of Minutes
Present: Dustin Hall, Chairperson; Amanda Starosta, Vice-Chairperson; Lisa Bos-Atchison; Shannon Leson; Nancy Kirk; Gay Patrick; Scott Moffat; Robert Volk; Denny Huyghebaert, Deputy Superintendent of Funeral and Cremation Services
Present by Zoom: Mark Muir; Don Sheppard
Staff Present: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator; Kim Eberts, Assistant Registrar and Compliance Officer
Regrets: Colin Bachynski, Registrar
Minutes taken by: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator
At the commencement of the meeting, an in-camera meeting was held.
Council was advised that there have been six complaints received since the last meeting of Council. One previous investigation has been concluded via ADR and there are currently six matters sitting before Investigation Committees. One complaint was resolved between the parties with the assistance of the Assistant Registrar and Compliance Officer. There have been thirty-nine compliance reviews conducted since the last meeting of Council.
The following motions were passed by Council:
- Chairperson, Registrar and Public Appointee of the Human Resources Committee to conduct interviews for new public Investigation Committee members.
- Appoint a sub-committee to develop a process for determining the appointment of committee members to Council committees.
- Approve the May, June & July 2022 Revenue & Expense Reports as presented.
- Appoint Michelle Bell, EFDS 5167, as a Practical Embalming Examiner
- Appoint a Legislative & Governance sub-committee to develop a process in the appointment of Investigation & Discipline Committee members. The sub-committee will consist of Lisa Bos-Atchison as the Chairperson, Scott Moffat, Nancy Kirk and Mark Muir.
The next scheduled meeting of Council will be held on Thursday, October 27th, 2022.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.