June 23, 2022 Council Synopsis of Minutes
Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Synopsis of Minutes
Present: Don Sheppard; Lisa Bos-Atchison; Nancy Kirk; Robert Volk; Scott Moffat; Gay Patrick
Present by Zoom: Amanda Starosta, Vice-Chairperson; Shannon Leson; Mark Muir; Denny Huyghebaert, Deputy Superintendent of Funeral and Cremation Services
Regrets: Dustin Hall, Chairperson
Staff Present: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator; Kim Eberts, Assistant Registrar and Compliance Officer; Colin Bachynski, Registrar
Minutes Taken By: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge, Office Administrator
At the commencement of the meeting, an in-camera meeting was held.
Council was advised that there have been two complaints received since the last meeting of Council. One previous investigation has been concluded and there are currently three matters sitting before Investigation Committees. There have been four compliance reviews conducted since the last meeting of Council.
The following motions were passed by Council:
- In response to a motion concerning a license category. As part of Council’s due diligence, that administrative staff draft a summary of relevant information to provide to the stakeholders for input, comments, and feedback as a part of the consultation process.
- Accept the Council and Committee Members Annual Confirmation and Disclosure, with the revisions, as presented.
- Accept the March & April 2022 Revenue & Expense Reports as presented.
- Council denies the request for the use of the title “funeral director assistant” as it may be confusing to the public as to the qualifications of the position.
- Direct the Legislative & Governance committee to review the Annual General Meeting bylaws, policies, and procedures.
The next scheduled meeting of Council will be held on Thursday, September 22nd, 2022.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.