Funeral and Cremation Services Council of Saskatchewan
Thursday, September 11, 2014
Synopsis of Minutes
Present: Phil Fredette, Chairperson; Gloria Malinoski; Nancy Kirk; David Grambo; Robert Volk; Terry Zip; Agnes Ewen; Eleanor Shumay; Shannon Leson; Sandy Mahon, Registrar
Regrets: Raymond Bailey, Vice-Chairperson; Larry Wilson, Superintendent of Funeral and Cremation Services
Minutes taken by: Tanya Chernick-Aldridge
A motion was passed unanimously to accept the review of the Regulatory Fee which was conducted by the sub-committee of Council in accordance with a motion made at the 2014 Annual General Meeting. The report will be distributed to licensees through an Advisory and will be posted on the website.
Council was advised there have been 3 complaints since the last meeting of Council. One of the complaints has already been successfully resolved.
A motion was passed to approve the amended bylaws and forms as recommended by the Legislative & Governance Committee:
- 2012 LICENSE REINSTATEMENT
- 2021 LICENSING PROCEDURES – CONDITIONAL LICENSES
- 2022 OBLIGATION TO INTERNS AND STUDENTS
- 2030 LICENSING PROCEDURES – EMBALMER AND FUNERAL DIRECTOR PRACTICING LICENSES
- 2040 LICENSING PROCEDURES – OWNERS
- 2050 LICENSING PROCEDURES – SALESPERSONS
- 3110 AUTHORIZING EMBALMING BY A NON-EMBALMER
- 6100 TRANSFER OF FUNDS
- 20 -EMBALMER/FUNERAL DIRECTOR STUDENT REGISTRATION APPLICATION
- 30 -LICENSE APPLICATION FOR AN EMBALMER AND/OR FUNERAL DIRECTOR LICENSE
- 32 – STUDENT SALESPERSON’S REGISTRATION APPLICATION
- 33 – APPLICATION FOR A SALESPERSON’S LICENSE
- 60 – AUTHORIZATION TO EMBALM
A motion was passed to approve the July 2014 Revenue & Expense Reports as presented.
The Audit/Finance Committee will review the budget in light of the increase to our lease which takes effect on October 1, 2014.
Council was advised the Chairperson and Registrar attended the SIAST student orientation which was held at Kelsey Campus on September 8, 2014.
The following dates have been set for the 2015 Council meetings:
- Thursday, January 15, 2015
- Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Thursday, March 19, 2015
- Thursday, April 23, 2015
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015 (AGM/Spring Symposium – May 21 & 22)
- Thursday, June 25, 2015
- Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Thursday, November 19, 2015
- Thursday, December 17, 2015
The next meeting of Council will be held on October 9, 2014 at Council Office.
In the interest of timely disclosure, this synopsis of Council Minutes is posted for your information only. This is a summary only and is not to be used in place of the office version. Official Council Minutes are not created until the transcript of the minutes is reviewed and adopted by Council at a subsequent monthly meeting. To inquire into any matter arising from this summary, please contact the Registrar.